- Michael Tondra
- Chief of Housing and Community Development
- One Capitol Hill, 3rd Floor
- Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 222-6490
General Housing Assistance
This page has been developed to assist Rhode Island residents with their housing and emergency assistance needs. Below is information and links on key agencies and programs designed to assist persons in specific areas.
Dial: 211 on your phone (Human Services Hotline) - a 24 hour service supported by United Way of Rhode Island which provides information on available resources/referral.
Rental Assistance / Eviction Resources
- RI Legal Services - RILS may provide legal assistance to residents at-risk of eviction.
- Rental Resource Guide (English and En Español)
- The Rhode Island Landlord Tenant Handbook
- Just Cause Eviction Law Brochure
- La Ley Causa Justa para Desalojarlo
Foreclosure/Homeownership Retention Assistance
- The Housing Network
The Housing Network has member community development corporations that provide foreclosure prevention/homeownership counseling across the State.
- Rhode Island Housing Help Center
The Help Center provides foreclosure prevention counseling. In addition, Rhode Island Housing was the agency responsible for the administration of the Hardest Hit Funds in the State.
- RI Legal Services
RILS may provide legal assistance to homeowners at-risk of foreclosure.
- Community Action Programs
Local community action programs assist those in need including around foreclosure risk.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
The CFPB is the new Federal agency to accept complaints and provide regulations for homeowners regarding mortgage loans and mortgage servicing issues.
- Resources for Tribal Housing
General Housing Locator Services
HomeLocatorRI.net - A free resources to help persons find housing (rental & homeownership) in Rhode Island which fits their needs and budget. Property owners and managers throughout the State can post their listings at any time.