- Pheamo Witcher
- Housing Resources Coordinator - OHCD
- Housing Resources Commission
- One Capitol Hill, 3rd Floor
- Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 222-4494
Apply for Funds & Grants
The Consolidated Homeless Fund Announce the Availability of Funding
To increase program performance and efficiency, while reducing administrative burden, the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Entitlement Cities of Pawtucket, Providence, and Woonsocket have joined with the State of Rhode Island Office of Housing and Community Development, Housing Resources Commission and the Department of Human Services to create the Consolidated Homeless Fund Partnership (CHFP). In accordance with program regulations published relative to the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act, as amended, the CHFP Partnership announce the anticipated availability of homeless funding through the Consolidated Homeless Fund Partnership (CHFP) competitive grant application process. The CHFP anticipates approximately $5,548,100 est. in funds for the program year of July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018. The actual availability and amount of funds is contingent upon the availability of federal & state funding.
The CHFP anticipates the availability of federal and state funding from the following programs:
- City of Pawtucket, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($150,244) est.
- City of Providence, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($407,366) est.
- City of Woonsocket, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($96,558) est.
- State of Rhode Island, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($621,344) est.
- State of Rhode Island, Title XX Homeless Funds ($1,272,598) est.
- State of Rhode Island, Housing Resources Commission Homelessness Resources ($3,000,000) est.
Please note that local (Providence, Pawtucket and Woonsocket) Emergency Solutions Grant Funds contributed to the CHFP must be distributed to programs serving those communities. There is a guaranteed minimum allocation in those municipalities equivalent to their ESG allocation. Variations from estimated percentages and amounts may occur.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL TIMELINE
Friday, March 10, 2017 at 10:00 am
RFP Information Session
Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Deadline to Submit Questions, post questions at:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z2WCNJZ
Monday, April 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Answers to submitted questions will be posted at http://ohcd.ri.gov
Monday, May 1, 2017
Applications Due by 3:00 PM (no exceptions)
June 2, 2017 - June 16, 2017
Application materials pertaining to The Consolidated Homeless Fund Systems Development and Innovative Projects:
- FY 2018 CHF Systems Budget Forms
- FY 18 Systems Capacity Assessment
- FY 2018 CHF Systems Development RFP
- FY 2018 CHF Systems Development Information Session
- HUD’s Coordinated Policy Brief
Application materials pertaining to the Consolidated Homeless Fund RFP (July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018) are included below:
- Consolidated Homeless Fund Request for Proposals RFP 2017-2018
- FY 18 CHF Capacity Assessment
- FY 18 CHF Street Outreach Application
- FY 18 CHF Emergency Shelter and Essential Services Application
- FY 18 CHF Rapid Rehousing, Housing Navigators and Landlord Risk Mitigation
- FY 2018 CHF Budget Forms
- Shelter Inspection Form
- Minimum Standards for Permanent Housing
- Rent Reasonableness Checklist
- Homeless Definition
- Appropriate Placement for Transgender Persons
- FY 2018 CHF Services Survey Monkey Responses
Other useful Consolidated Homeless Fund RFP reference information:
- HUD’s New Definition of Homelessness
- How to Make Cash Flow Projections
- Sample Financial Policies
- Sample Cost Allocation Plan
- Exit Destinations Report
- Treatment of Families Under Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs
- HUD’s Definition of Chronically Homeless