- Pheamo Witcher
- Housing Resources Coordinator - OHCD
- Housing Resources Commission
- One Capitol Hill, 3rd Floor
- Providence, RI 02908
- Phone: (401) 222-4494
Apply for Funds & Grants
To increase program performance and efficiency, while reducing administrative burden, the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Entitlement Cities of Pawtucket, Providence, and Woonsocket have joined with the State of Rhode Island Office of Housing and Community Development, Housing Resources Commission and the Department of Human Services to create the Consolidated Homeless Fund Partnership (CHFP). In accordance with program regulations published relative to the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act, as amended, the CHFP Partnership announce the anticipated availability of homeless funding through the Consolidated Homeless Fund Partnership (CHFP) competitive grant application process. The CHFP anticipates approximately $5,548,100 est. in funds for the program year of July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. The actual availability and amount of funds is contingent upon the availability of federal & state funding.
The CHFP anticipates the availability of federal and state funding from the following programs:
- City of Pawtucket, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($144,280) est.
- City of Providence, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($418,547) est.
- City of Woonsocket, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($95,275) est.
- State of Rhode Island, Emergency Solutions Grant Program ($629,107) est.
- State of Rhode Island, Title XX Homeless Funds ($1,208,964) est.
- State of Rhode Island, Housing Resources Commission Homelessness Resources ($3,800,000) est.
Please note that local (Providence, Pawtucket and Woonsocket) Emergency Solutions Grant Funds contributed to the CHFP must be distributed to programs serving those communities. There is a guaranteed minimum allocation in those municipalities equivalent to their ESG allocation. Variations from estimated percentages and amounts may occur.
Application materials pertaining to the Consolidated Homeless Fund RFP (July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020) are included below:Service Projects
- Consolidated Homeless Fund Request for Proposals RFP 2019-20120
- FY 2020 CHF Capacity Assessment & Certifications
- FY 2020 CHF Street Outreach Application
- FY 2020 CHF Emergency Shelter and Essential Services Application
- FY 2020 CHF Rapid Rehousing, State Rental Assistance & Landlord Risk Mitigation Application
- FY 2020 CHF Services Budget Form Corrected
- FY 2020 CHF Application Workshop 2.19.19
- Consolidated Homeless Fund Partnership Request for Proposals Systems Development & Capacity Building RFP
- FY 2020 CHF Systems Development & Capacity Building Budget Form
|Thursday, January 31, 2019||RFP Release Date|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm||RFP Information Session
Rhode Island Department of Administration,
One Capitol Hill, Conference Room A
|March 14, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.||Deadline to Submit Questions. Submit questions via https://www.surveymonkey.com/|
|Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.||Answers to submitted questions will be posted at http://ohcd.ri.gov|
|Monday, April 1, 2019||Applications Due by 3:00 PM|
|On or about May 24, 2019||Awards Announced (contingent upon approval by HRC)|
Responses to Questions
- Survey Monkey Responses March 7, 2019
- Survey Monkey Responses March 14, 2019
- FY 2020 CHF Application Workshop Questions
- HUD’s New Definition of Homelessness
- How to Make Cash Flow Projections
- Sample Financial Policies
- Sample Cost Allocation Plan
- Exit Destinations Report
- Treatment of Families Under Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs
- HUD’s Definition of Chronically Homeless
- Shelter Inspection Form
- Minimum Standards for Permanent Housing
- Rent Reasonableness Checklist
- Homeless Definition
- Appropriate Placement for Transgender Persons