Housing Resources Commission
The Housing Resources Commission (HRC) was created by legislation in 1998 to be the State's planning and policy, standards and programs agency for housing issues. Established under Rhode Island General Laws (R.I.G.L. 42-128) (RI Housing Resources Act of 1998), the HRC is comprised of 28 members, representing a wide range of constituents.
"The mission of the HRC is to ensure that all Rhode Islanders have access to safe and affordable housing. The broad, inclusive membership of the Commission assures all stakeholders in the housing field are working together to create strong neighborhoods, improving the economic climate of our State."
- Anne M. Nolan – Chair
- Kyle Bennett– Community Development Intermediary
- Nicole Alexander-Scott, MD – Director, RI Dept. of Health
- Lisa W. Bryer - Town of Jamestown Planning Dept.
- Maureen Maigret - Senior Housing Advocate
- Dave Caldwell, Jr. – Rhode Island Builders Association
- Courtney Hawkins– Director, RI Dept. of Human Services
- Brian Murphy– President of the RI Bankers Association
- Michael DiBiase – Director, RI Dept. of Administration
- Charles Fogarty – Director, RI Dept. of Elderly Affairs
- Ronald J. Watts – Homelessness Representative
- Elizabeth Fuerte- Advocate for Racial Minorities
- Joseph Garlick – Non-Profit Development Corporation
- Dean Harrington – President of RI Mortgage Bankers Association
- Jean Lamb– Representative of Community Development Corporation
- The Honorable Peter Kilmartin – Attorney General
- Melina Lodge – Executive Director, Housing Network of Rhode Island
- Brenda Marchwicki – President of the RI Realtors Association
- Elizabeth Tanner – Director, RI Dept. of Business Regulation
- Rebecca Boss – Director, Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities & Hospitals
- Brenda Clement – Representative of Fair Housing
- Ernest P. Baptista, Jr. – Representative of Insurers
- Joseph F. Raymond – Zoning Official, Town of Burrillville
- Michael Lyckland – RI Association of Executive Directors for Housing
- Nicolas P. Retsinas – Chair RI Housing & Mortgage Finance Corporation
- Margarita Robledo Guedes – Representing Lead Poisoning Prevention Agency
- Caitlin Frumerie– Executive Director RI Coalition for the Homeless
- Erik Wallin, Esq. - Executive Director of Operation Stand Down
For more information about the Housing Resources Commission, including meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes, please visit the Rhode Island Sectretary of State's website.